Fast Food Fast

I've been wondering for some time if my family would all survive without fast food.  Not so much without the food itself, but without the convenience of getting my iced tea fix when I forget to brew it at home.  Without resorting to feeding my kids Mcprocessedfood as a low-cost treat when we've been out running errands, when I should have packed them more snacks.  With the inspiration of giving up something for Lent, I think we'll try it.  It'll be a challenging way for the kids and me to give up something together.  I've decided to post our progress in a sidebar on the blog throughout this season, so that we'll have some accountability.  We'll see how many days we can go without resorting to a drive-through fix.  Not that we intentionally eat that stuff.  Nobody does.  It just happens, when we're tired, late, busy, etc.  We need to consciously eat better and save money by preparing all of our food at home.  Plus, it saves wasteful packaging and car idling in the pick-up line.  Just to be clear, I'm not counting a sit-down meal at a moderately wholesome restaurant that offers salads.  But we will report if we head to the drive-through in desperation.  We'll see how it goes.

Labels: ,