Cultivating Good Things

Orange-to-amber-colored chrysanthemums are blooming now in the patch of garden where the zinnia are going to seed.  I had saved a couple of the "annual" potted plants last year in hopes this would happen. What a pretty reminder that it's worth cultivating and waiting for good things. Thanks to the interesting people and groups I've already featured here, who've returned and told others about this gathering place.

My daughters are excited for me to finish more of the little projects I've had in the works for them.  The main challenge is getting back to the sewing nook, which shares neighboring space with a play area for their puzzles, marble run and more.  Hopefully the organizing and sewing will come together today.  I plan to share several of these little projects with you this week.

While we celebrate the traditional Labor Day for workers, may those still looking for honest labor find it soon.  May all of the mothers who've endured a personal labor day or mothered in other ways feel truly appreciated for your labors of love. 

Labels: , , ,