Trying New Greek Yogurt for Kids

"Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of."


You'd think I never feed my children, by the way they act around perfect strangers.  "I'm hungry," is a phrase they'll utter just minutes after a meal, once we've gone out to a public venue.  You parents know the challenges of keeping nutritious, wholesome snacks on hand.  Mine will crunch on carrots and still think ants on a log (celery sticks, peanut butter, raisins) are fun.  But sometimes you need what we call at our house a "sweet treat."  I'm thankful for more choices like Stonyfield's new YoKids Greek Organic Yogurt that the company recently asked us to sample for free.

Greek yogurt offers more protein than a typical kids' yogurt, can be a great source of calcium, and is a  filling snack.  As a mom concerned about keeping my children's immune systems strong, I appreciate the abundant probiotics in Stonyfield's yogurt, along with the peace of mind about USDA Organic standards.  No GMOs, no pesticide residue, no high fructose corn syrup -- those details matter to me.

This first-of-its-kind Greek yogurt made especially for kids comes in two smooth flavors that are mild enough for youngsters:  strawberry and raspberry.  My preschooler liked both, but picked strawberry as her favorite.  The fruitiness is already blended into the yogurt, for a creamy, pudding-like texture.  This new yogurt has become one of our new "sweet treat" choices when snack time rolls around.

Labels: , , , ,