Heading Home from National Stroller Brigade


At home, I don't always hear the words, "thank you" from my kids, sweet as they are.  Much of my job as head laundry manager and floor mopper doesn't allow for dressing up.  And rarely will anyone else cook for me.  Yet, I've never been more excited to get back to my day job.  If you're reading this, you can probably relate.

Thankful as I am for the opportunity to network with other concerned parents and meet my US Senators about the need for safer chemicals in consumer products, today I just want to hug my kids and husband.

Moms are making a positive difference in their children's lives every day. They're getting more informed, sharing the latest science-based information, and calling for higher standards, for their children's sake.

You may already  be familiar with one of the hundreds of health, parenting or consumer groups that make up the Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families Coalition. Maybe you're already one of the hundreds of thousands of people these nonpartisan groups represent.  Maybe you're one of the people whose family has been touched by cancer, learning disabilities or other illnesses on the rise in the past few decades.

If you're like me, your most important job, at least for now, is to be a parent. Even in those few precious minutes of free time from home, you can learn more about the Safe Chemicals Act and ask your Senator to take action for our children's sake.