East Tennessee's Biggest Bake Sale

Does everyone start baking young at your house?  Do you love trying new recipes? Are certain sweets part of your family tradition?  Then you don't want to miss East Tennessee's Biggest Bake Sale coming up Tuesday, October 23rd. It's a fundraiser for Knoxville's Ronald McDonald House. 

Meet area celebrities hosting a bake sale, enter the Halloween Cake Contest, and get a $5 tasting pass to sample professionally baked goods from vendors. General admission to the event is only $2 per person.  The Sisters of the Skillet are hosting demonstrations from:  Heather Grubb from TLC's The Next Great Baker and Cake of Knoxville, Heather Baird from Sprinklebakes and Rachel Raegan from Touch of Love Catering.

I'm honored to be asked once again to share a cooking demonstration.  I feel totally out of my league in the midst of these talented, artistic cake decorators! But I'll be sharing some simple, downhome ideas for sweets that anyone can mix up from scratch.  I have an original cookie recipe that incorporates a versatile garden veggie, plus I'll be sharing a low-fat yogurt recipe from Stonyfield Organic.  I'm excited to share a free gift from Stonyfield with the first 100 attendees I see.  

East Tennessee's Biggest Bake Sale is scheduled for 4 to 8 pm on Tuesday at Lighthouse Knoxville.  That's located at 6800 Baum Drive.