CV Skinlabs Shares Crowdfunding Efforts

I first heard from Britta Aragon last fall during a Body & Soul Talk with Women's Voices for the Earth.  I related to her story as she told of struggling with her father's skin care during his painful cancer treatments, and how she was inspired to create something better for cancer patients and others with sensitive skin.  Aragon's story about creating the Cinco Vidas community and her process of creating CV Skinlabs products is inspiring.  

A big difference between CV Skinlabs and other products out there is that it's not just about what looks or sounds good, but about the quality of what's inside.  Oddly, many skincare products in commerce today contain substances of concern, even suspected carcinogens.  Years ago, when I watched my own mother suffer and die from cancer, I never would have dreamed that the popular products she was using would have been anything less than good for her.  

Today Aragon, herself a cancer survivor, is trying to take this small business to the next level by putting CV Skinlabs samples in hospitals and cancer centers nationwide.  Just as Flour Sack Mama has told you about other small, family run businesses, we want to share with you what is happening at CV Skinlabs so you can get involved in supporting them.  By supporting their crowd funding campaign, you can be part of building a health conscious business for today's consumer, plus have the chance to sample their soothing products for yourself.  You can go to their Indiegogo page to learn more about it.

On the crowd funding site, Aragon says, "I have a vision that someday safe skincare will be the standard, but sadly it is not."  She's doing her part; my part is telling you about it. 

(Disclosure: I may be receiving skin care product samples for my household to use or share with friends.  My opinions are my own.)

Labels: , , , ,